Let’s say it’s your graduation day the next Monday or your best friend’s D-day in a couple of weeks! What is it that occurs to you at the very first instant? Good looks, right? You have to look your best, which not only concerns your attire but your facial appearance too! If your smile needs a makeover, you are definitely contemplating a teeth whitening procedure the coming weekend. But hold on! Teeth whitening is not just enough. The more important job is to maintain it and your cosmetic dentist would advice you the best!
In this post we will try to explore the ways to maintain a newly whitened teeth. Let’s head straight into the do’s that you need to include in your daily routine
- Strictly stick to a good oral hygiene that should primarily consist of brushing twice daily and flossing at least once. Preferably, brush with a whitening toothpaste.
- Avoid too much intake of caffeinated beverages like tea or coffee, tomato sauce, chocolate drinks etc. Even if you have them rinse or brush your teeth immediately.
- Try drinking tea, coffee, colas or red wine with a straw. This saves your teeth from being stained!
- Try to quit smoking. If that’s barely possible, at least try curtailing on your tobacco consumption.
- Maintain the whiteness and shine by scheduling follow up appointments with your dentist. This is necessary to give touch ups to your whitened teeth. You may be required to schedule touch ups every 6 months to 1 year depending upon the care you provide your teeth with.
Girls, there is an extra tip for you from your cosmetic dentist! Try out this trick: wear a bright pink or blood red colored lipstick instead of shades like brown or natural color. The bright hue would fetch your teeth an extra shine!
What Makes Whitening Treatments Popular?
Teeth whitening is opted by a majority of the population for a variety of reasons. The most significant among them being:
- Getting a Presentable Look – If you have an important occasion to attend to, say, a job interview, a high-profile client meet or a selection procedure ahead you might contemplate a smile makeover to give yourself a presentable look.
- Eradicate Ageing Effects – With age, the tooth enamel of an individual, gets damaged. This leads to easier tooth discoloration and growth of plaque and bacteria in your tooth, which in turn pacifies you to take restorative measures.
- When You have to Look your Best – Is it a big day approaching for you? Your Wedding, Graduation day or a birthday bash on the cards? Then you certainly need to catch hold of a bright and attention-gaining smile! Teeth whitening is therefore a hot cake during special occasions.
- Cost Effective Method – Among other cosmetic dentistry alternatives, teeth whitening is less expensive and a less time consuming method without much interventions. If achieving a glistening white smile is possible with a whitening process, people usually go with this rather than other procedures like veneers or crowns!
For any teeth whitening process, it would be highly recommended by your cosmetic dentist that you go for an in-office treatment, rather than use the over-the-counter available whitening trays and gels. The in-office treatments particularly caters to your needs and therefore yield much more satisfactory results than the use of ready-made products! And what more? They give you same day results too!